Our little ones are making waves! From the Governor’s race to our very own communities in South East Los Angeles, early childcare and education are getting more attention than ever. South Gate was host to a Strolling Thunder event that brought together providers, parents, community organizations, and public programs to share resources.
We know as Early Childcare Providers that children’s minds grow fastest from 0-3 and this is one of the many reasons why we’re fighting for the highest quality of care. The only way we can to improve quality of care is through collective bargaining. We know the right to organize means we can improve our profession, our wages, and our voice in the conditions of our workplaces – our homes.
Together, we have already accomplished so much! Just some of our accomplishments include:
- Increasing RMR 3 times in the last 3 years
- Quarterly Provider Input Meetings with CDE
- Quarterly Provider Input Meetings with DSS—Community Care Licensing Division
- Blue Ribbon Commission—Provider Appointment
- Partnerships with Public Council and Inclusion Collaborative
- Conducted workshops that empower and educate us about important new certifications, regulations, and how to file our taxes
Just imagine what we could do with collective bargaining! Sign on to support our fight to gain collective bargaining.
SEIU Local 99