Dear New SEIU Local 99 Member,
Congratulations on becoming an official member of our Union. You just made us Stronger!
Lately, LAUSD employees like you have been talking about changes they want to see at the District and in their communities. When we raise our Voices together, we can push for Change. Just like we raised the minimum wage at LAUSD to $15 per hour, increased wages for All, protected health care benefits and are working to make sure more workers have access to affordable health care with the District.
You join more than 30,000 other SEIU Local 99 members at LAUSD, including teacher assistants, special education assistants, after school program workers, custodians, cafeteria workers, bus drivers, community representatives and others creating the safe, healthy, and supportive schools of the Los Angeles Unified School District.
You’re part of a Movement!
You’ll get your official SEIU Local 99 Membership ID card in the mail soon. It also doubles as your union discount card that you can use at over 250,000 businesses. Once you receive it, be sure to activate it with your member number.
SEIU Local 99 also represents classified employees in other public school districts, community college districts, Head Start centers, state preschool facilities and family child care businesses across Southern California. Together, we’re creating a better future for ourselves and our students by improving school standards and working conditions.
We are affiliated with the Service Employees International Union, which represents nearly 2 million members. We are all united in our efforts for good jobs and a better future for All working families.
I invite you to learn more about your union:
- Our current Contracts with LAUSD
- SEIU Local 99 Constitution and Bylaws
- Special Membership Discounts and Savings
- Free First Aid & CPR Training Schedule and Sign-up Request
- Calendar of union events and meetings
- Learn how to make Politics Work for Working people—Learn about COPE!
I’m excited that you’ve joined our SEIU Local 99 family.
I look forward to seeing you at future events.
SEIU Local 99 President & LAUSD Special Education Assistant
It doesn’t take a lot of time to be involved. It really doesn’t. It starts by simply keeping current on upcoming union events, meetings, contract bargaining, legislative and election campaigns, and other things that matter to you.
- “Like” us on Facebook. We often post our most recent and important information here, as well was as newsworthy items.
- Subscribe to our email updates and text alerts. This is the quickest way to stay informed.
- Check out our latest activities on YouTube and Flickr. The more involved you are with your union, the more likely you are to see yourself in our photos and videos!
- Look out for our monthly newsletter at your worksite.
- Lastly, be sure to visit our website often. This is where you get the most comprehensive information.
…and then be sure to have conversations with your co-workers about these issues that matter to all of us!
Having issues at work? Contact our Member Resource Hotline at (213) 637-0296 Monday through Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.